Monday, January 14, 2008

New Name

I changed the name of this blog, as well as my other one to bring it more up-to-date. Face it, at 44, I'm not a girl anymore. I'm an adult woman(geez, when did that happen, lol!) Plus, I think this has a more authoritative sound to it, like I know more about what I'm doing (craft wise that is. Life, well..that's a work in progress.)

I've recovered enough from the holidays to resume work on the crocheted baby blanket I started from the Lion Brand Pound of Love. I've done a row of single crochet around it, and will expand on the edging so I can hopefully get it done by the weekend. I want to pick up the crochet sweater I started a couple of months ago, since crocheting a sweater is one of my New Years resolutions. The others are to crochet a pair of socks, knit a pair of socks, and knit a sweater. I still find it hard to believe that someone who worked in a high tension, high stakes atmosphere of an ICU is scared so easily by crocheting and knitting a garment. This year, I'm tackling that fear head on.

I finished another square from the book I mentioned, or at least I hope I mentioned in an earlier post. (damn brain fog!) I was going to start another one, but I received my new issue of Creative Knitting, and am going to do the cabled spa cloth pattern. I want to get more into cable knitting this year, and this is the perfect project. The newest issue isn't at their website (as of 9:00pm Eastern), so it may be a couple of days before it's there. I'll post photos of my projects within the next couple of days.

No comments: