Friday, November 26, 2010

Lessons Learned



Every time I work on a project, I learn something.  It doesn't matter if the project is something I've done frequently, like a scarf, or a new pattern I've never done before.  I always get something out if it.  Unfortunately, sometimes I've learned the hard way.  I finally finished a granny square afghan I call the "Mirror Image Afghan" because the colors are reversed on certain rows.  I had a lot of ends to work in, so I did them rather hurriedly, since I wanted to take it to a couple of craft shows.  I cut some of the ends short, but I didn't think anything of it...until I washed it.  It's a good thing I looked it over, because, yep, you guessed it, I had one square become unraveled, and some of the other ends worked their way out. 


The first row of the square was affected, so I can't just fix it the way it is.  When I have some time over the winter, I'll be taking it apart and replace the square. Two lessons learned.  First, work your ends in as you go, it's a lot easier than waiting until after you have the thing put together.  Secondly, don't leave the ends so short that your item will fall apart when laundered.  Grrr.

No comments: